Development of Joint Clinical Services
THI’s core objective is to build a world class patient care model, operating on multiple sites but working seamlessly as one entity with each site developing a complementary set of core competencies to address the total portfolio of patient needs.
This domain has a focus on the following key areas;
- Integration of clinical services across multiple sites to permit creation of critical mass in core and specialist domains
- Strengthening of links to catchment areas and community
- Strengthening of links with other affiliated Hospitals
- Integration of Coombe Hospital into overall planning structure and possible integration of other institutions into the overall structure of THI
- Creation of Framework Group for evaluation of clinical performance and assessment of clinical interventions
- Interactions with external academic partners regarding evaluation both at quantitative and non-quantitative level leading to input to evaluation framework
- Development of change management framework for adaptation to evaluation results
- Planning analysis of requirements to develop full trauma services
- Creation of gynaecological triage centre to evaluate appropriate service development
There is good progress in relation to the following two patient services; Diabetes/Endocrinology www.endodiab.ie (website currently down), Trinity Academic Gastroenterology Group (TAGG), THI Kidney Centre, and Neurology Centre
Discussions are ongoing in relation to the establishment of a joint Gynaecological Triage Centre and THI Trauma Centre.